Some comments and suggestions


#1

I’m in the midst of installing 3 Iros, so I thought I’d make give some feedback and suggestions as they come to me.

  1. How can I change the name of a device?

  2. Can I get a download of zone activity? I’d like to have a spreadsheet of how much water I’ve been putting on each zone.

  3. After I’ve started a zone on the remote and it’s in “manual run” state, the zone name goes away. It would be nice to see this along with the count down. Adding a pause/resume button above the Stop button would make it easy to swap nozzles, etc.

  4. My Android app keeps giving me a “sorry the app has stopped” error message. I restart it fine, but this happens typically once every 5-10 times I use it.

  5. Are there any overheating problems when putting the Iro in an Orbit Sprinkler box in full sun? What would I see if the box overheated?

  6. My water district has given me access to my water meter, an iPearl http://sensus.com/web/usca/water/product-line/residential-water-metrology/product/iperl-us It holds 30 days historical flow data. This is a bit clumsy, in that I have to go out and plug in a PC and manually download the file, with a 5 min resolution on the historical data. I’m wondering how I might correlate this meter reading with my Iro’s activity? I’m installing a Dwyer meter http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Flow/WaterMeters/SeriesWMT2 which is what I was planning to use for my main metering. Anyway, I’m very interested in what happening with regard to flow metering…


#2

In the app there is Device Settings under the picture of the Iro on the right. Touch that and the name is at the top of the screen to be changed.

I believe you can use IFTTT to export the data into a spreadsheet.

My app was doing this also until I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I have a Samsung s5. I have had no problems after the reinstall.

I hope this helps.


#3

Thanks for the advice… it looks like the app update is working.

another glitch:

WHen I use Firefox on my Macbook air (latest of both OS and Firefox), I can’t start zones with the remote control. It lets me pull up the menu for zones, but when I click on the time to water, the box goes away. When I do the operation under Chrome, it works fine.

Also, when I start the zone, the zone name goes away, replaced with just the word “manual” - so it is hard to know what zone I’m running. And, since I have multiple controllers, it would be nice to see the controller name on the screen, as well.