Soil Moisture

Troy, any way to over come this? I’m in the same boat tonight didn’t get rain today(don’t need any water tomorrow am) and the forecast for the next few days is more rain.

I went ahead and took a look at my controller and it actually added tomorrow back to the schedule so I just activated the manual skip.

Not really. Not sure if lowering AD would help, but what would that do overall?

I just played with some advanced settings on zone 1 to see if I could slow down soil moisture loss to see if I can match it up better.

Trying to dry down some but it is thundering as I type this. But my zones have already dropped to the 31% so I need to figure out a way to slow them down. I was out of town most of the day today so I don’t know how much sun we actually got but I don’ think it was that much. I also included an actually pic of the yard so it’s not just numbers and a colored graph.

Top of the slope is definitely getting dry. All my zones sitting on 0% waiting for Wed morning.

Here is a side by side comparison between yesterdays moisture vs. todays moisture after a 16 minute cycle of zone 1. Getting the moisture dialed in and now we are under the gun of a tropical system, life along the Gulf coast. Forecast is up to 10+ inches of rain.

More than my average annual totals here in AZ… :rofl::crazy_face::frowning_face:

1 Like

We can get that in a few hours…:crazy_face:

I haven’t posted in this thread in a bit but here is a visual of my front yard. When it doesn’t rain a whole lot I can actually keep my moisture pretty well dialed in near the optimum range.

2 Likes

@gaustin stop it! You are going to make me want to go out and buy one of these gizmos!

2 Likes

@tmcgahey, I do sell them.

Yea, I don’t need another $2000 toy! :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi all, we’re soliciting input from the community on how people are using soil sensors (or how they would want to). Going to post this here in case anyone browsing here is interested: How do you interact with soil sensors?

1 Like

@drew_thayer, are ya’ll exploring in ground sensors that communicate with the Rachio controller?

@gaustin correct, we’re exploring in-ground, movable sensors that would provide live data to the Rachio system on a property.

2 Likes