Schedule for New Seed

I’ve searched and maybe I’m not searching for the right thread, but I’m struggling to get a fixed schedule setup to run with newly seeded areas.

What I have historically done with my old controller was manually program to start watering about every two hours for a few minutes to keep the seed moist. I would start around 4 a.m. and end about 8 p.m.

I can’t seem to find a way to schedule that, when I do fixed with hourly I can’t select bounds for start/stop and it schedules it running 24/7. Any ideas how to address that?

Hey @Westonmwhite!

This support article should do the trick, but if you still have questions, please let us know here! Our team and other users would be happy to help :slight_smile:

:cheers: Lo

Laura - I looked through that article but it doesn’t solve what I’m after. I don’t want to water 24/7, rather, I want to water between a certain window such as 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. I can set this up manually by create a bunch of fixed schedules to start at a specific time, but I would think the app would be dynamic enough to do that automatically.

When I go through the method on the support article it starts at a certain date and ends on a certain date. Even when I selected don’t run past 8 p.m. it still continued to schedule all through the night.

What I’m trying to create, as an example, without having to schedule it all individually:
-schedule starts for the day
4 a.m. - water zones 1, 2, 6 @ 2 minutes each
6 a.m. - water zones 1, 2, 6 @ 2 minutes each
8 a.m. - water zones 1, 2, 6 @ 2 minutes each
10 a.m. - water zones 1, 2, 6 @ 2 minutes each
12 p.m. - water zones 1, 2, 6 @ 2 minutes each
2 p.m. - water zones 1, 2, 6 @ 2 minutes each
4 p.m. - water zones 1, 2, 6 @ 2 minutes each
6 p.m. - water zones 1, 2, 6 @ 2 minutes each
8 p.m. - water zones 1, 2, 6 @ 2 minutes each
-schedule stops until next day

Your best bet is to create a fixed schedule with a specific start time and set a manual cycle soak of 2 minutes cycle per zone (18 minutes duration for each zone) and a soak period of 2 hours.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

:cheers:

Franz, thanks, that is exactly what I am looking for. However, I can’t recreate what you did. I have it set at 2m cycle and the app won’t let me go past 1 hour for the soak. What did you do to get it to two hours?

I also attached a screen capture, after I set the soak to an hour with those durations it only scheduled from 4 am to 9am.

Franz - I figured out the issue with the amount of times it watered using those settings, but I still can’t get it to a two hour gap, the web app and mobile app both cap me out at 1 hour.

@Westonmwhite I found out that Android only supports > 1 hr for soak which doesn’t make a lot of sense. I’ve let @mitchell know and hopefully in the near future we get this rolled out to web and iOS. If you don’t have an Android device I can modify your schedule for you in the short term :wink:

1 Like

Interesting! Good find, look forward to the fix so I don’t have this problem next fall! That’d be great if you can adjust the Fall Seeding to 2 hours for me. I can take the rest from there.

Thanks!

@Westonmwhite All good! @dgp I want to hold on the +/- buttons and have it increment/decrement quickly. Way too slow :wink:

I’ll try to fix that and get it into the need release.

1 Like

I did something similar by setting up a fixed schedule on intervals. I have 14 zones that I’m trying to reseed. I determined I needed 4 intervals between a certain time if the day and the app took care of the rest. I set the start and end dates based on advice from my yard guy. I can easily extend the schedule or run Just that schedule a-la-cart it I need to. A couple of my zones are very Streep so the shaking feature set up in the zones is also implemented in the intervals.

image|230x500

2 Likes

I think I’m missing something. I want to water every 4 hours between 6AM and 6PM. I can’t figure out how to start and stop on the same fixed, manual cycle soak schedule. it looks like I need to choose the start or end time - not both. Is my only choice to water for 24hrs?

Thanks.

Unfortunately “yes” for now if you pick an hourly schedule. If you pick a fixed schedule with a start time (6AM) you can use the manual cycle soak feature and essentially use it to water every X hours (the soak time) and also use it to water (cycle) for a limited amount each period. In your case you can pick a soak time of 4 hours and then just pick how much each cycle you want the zone to water. At some point we will add start/end times to the hourly schedule. I agree they should have those settings.

1 Like

@mitchell @mckynzee :wink:

I have a similar problem, but I need 1 of my 4 zones to have a different amount of time (e.g. 8 minutes for zones 1,2,3, but only 5 minutes for zone 4).

I could create 2 programs (i.e. z1-3=8minutes, and z4=5m), but I feel I should be able to have 1 program “new grass” that I can schedule, or stop, or pause, etc.

Is there any way to do this?