Rain skip disappointing

So yesterday at 3:48 pm I got a notice that a rain skip was being applied. At 5 pm it started raining and rained all night long at 2:45 am, while I was sound asleep, I got a notice that weather had changed and rain skip removed so the cycle ran overnight on top of the several inches of rain. This isn’t the first time I’ve gotten notice of a rain skip which is rescinded in the middle of the night. Is there a way of keeping a rain skip from being rescinded in the middle of the night?

@Lengel What is your rain skip set to? Where are you located? And are you using a PWS or Weather Plus? If you are using a PWS what is its name?

Rain skip set to .125 inch. Was not using PWS but switched to one much closer to me than the weather station I was attached to. We’ll see if that makes a difference but I’ll be applying manual skips from now on when it’s pouring rain the night before A scheduled run whether or not I get a rain skip notice.

@Lengel You say you do not use a PWS but you switched to one much closer to you than the weather station you were using. That could be the issue. Have you compared the rain amount for the weather station you were using to the actual rain that you received and the forecast rain? If the weather station you were using was some distance away there could be a big difference in reported and forecast precipitation compared to your actual location.

The other option is not to select a specific weather station but select weatherplus. I’ve compared that option to the 2 weather stations close to me and it is always very, very close. So I use weatherplus so I don’t have to worry about whether the local weather station is up and running or off line.