Rachio Watered to Greater than 100% - Flex Daily First Watering Cylce

Ok, my system ran last night for the first time. My moisture chart shows that it ran to 106% of moisture requirement. Wouldnt any thing greater than 100% be considered waste? Is this mormal? The system ran the Flexible Daily Program which was 6 cycles, 4160 gallons over approx 5.5 hours. The next set of watering is showing as April 30th for zones 1 and 2 only. Also, can you put a graph to the left of the chart showing the depth in inches that Rachio’s graph represents? My only concern with the watering deep less frequently is that some of us have basements with French drains. If Rachio waters too deep it will be pumped out to the street, thus wasting water.

I meant a scale on the Moisture Level graph representing watering depth in inches.

@garyjnj1, if you click on “More Detail” you’ll see the data behind the graph. Without reviewing your account, I’d assume the system ran and you received some rain or ran the zone manually as we’ll only water up to 100%.

To learn more about Moisture Levels, please see this support article.

The watering depth in inches is derived from your root zone depth and available water (soil type), which can be found in the zone’s advanced settings.

To learn more about the advanced zone settings, please see this support article.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi Emil, that was the first day that the Flexible Schedule ran. No manual running of the system was conducted, yet it ran to greater than 100% on that day. Feel free to review my run history.

In terms of the moisture graph, I understand that it referrences the root depth input when setting up the zone. However, there is no reference scale to the left of the graph which would let us see how many mm or inches of moisture remains. The graph below shows the type of scale I am referring to:

@garyjnj1, looks like your weather station recorded some rainfall on the 21st; see the Precipitation row below…

Thanks for clarifying. I will pass this feedback onto our design team. That’s a difficult concept to visualize (and understand) for most people :wink:

2 Likes