Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

Hate to be your Friday stalker but any closer on a public beta?

2 Likes

The team just got our firmware ported to WICED 6.6 which is a huge milestone.

Next up is getting the ADK 4.x working and we will be ready for beta.

:cheers:

5 Likes

As someone that had to reconnect it twice this week the update as is right now reconnecting it yet again. It can’t come soon enough.

As it’s been over a year I can’t believe I haven’t thrown it in the trash by now.

Hopefully by Spring 2021, we have something to work with on our controllers.

I’m in Florida going into are dry season so hopefully we will it a lot sooner than spring of next year.

This has become absurd!

End of our irrigation season has come, water is off until Spring. Sadly, the Rachio/HomeKit issues were still not resolved. While some headway appears to have been made, there was still no final solution or even a beta ready before my water was shut off. I’ll be disconnecting the Rachio and removing from HomeKit so I don’t keep getting the daily reminder that it didn’t work as promised.

1 Like

I eagerly await the weekly updates with the hopes that we get a beta announcement!

Franz,

I’ve been following this thread for sometime and haven’t had a need to comment yet. Can I put my name out as someone who wants to beta test once available since it seems to be getting close?

I just bought your controller for my new home 4 months ago and only got as it was HomeKit compatible. I, as most have got it setup and now I can’t get it to connect anymore after the first week owning it.

Look forward to the fix!

Thanks!

As I see I need to go home and put this POS controller back online yet again I have to ask what is the status and the long overdue fix?

2 Likes

@Tzterri might have to wait until the Rachio 4 is released :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

No update in 2 weeks and just had my last watering of the year this week. I’m feeling not-so-great about this again.

2 Likes

Funny how something as simple as a little communication can make such a big difference.

3 Likes

Hey Rachio community!

Providing a HomeKit update.

WICED 6.6 integration is working on the controller.

The ADK 4.x is currently being integrated with our firmware stack.

Hope to have more details at the end of this week towards the status.

Thanks for your patience and have a great week!

2 Likes

Appreciate the updates, franz. I’ve had zero issues since you pushed 615 back to my controller, but am still interested in trying out the beta once you guys have it available.

All I ask is that you don’t break my Rachio/HomeKit integration… I am on 5-632 and it won’t stop working perfectly even if I try to break it!

Not sure if this helps, but I changed the name of my device prior to connecting it to HomeKit and was unable to make a successful connection. After reverting the name back to the factory supplied device name and a power cycle of the controller, it worked as expected.

Any updates? Not to be a pest but should we still expect weekly updates?

Team is working on the ADK, hopefully next week will have a more meaningful update. They are heads down at the moment. No show stoppers as of yet. Have a great weekend.

1 Like

this worked for me thank you so much.

:+1:t3: That’s good to hear!

This has been a real saga / soap opera… I just hope we see the ending soon because some folks are really tired of this issues.

As the OP of this thread (almost 2-years ago?) I am happy to report that mine has worked perfectly for a long time now (even though I never use Rachio in HomeKit) and I am willing to wager that the final fix will break mine - Hahaha

Good Luck!

1 Like