Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

And what rev firmware?

iro3-firmware-hk-5-632

@franz
is there any way to ROLL BACK? I don’t want to wait until next season for HomeKit to function correctly.

I Asked 18 days ago, no response.
Thanks

This was mentioned back in March or April: they can push the older firmware down from their side. Just PM @franz your serial number

Ill send him another PM. Think I sent one about 4 weeks ago, nothing happened.

Am curious … some here have reported that HomeKit is working fine while running the 632 firmware, many others not so lucky. I’m still at 615 and HK has always worked fine. If I knew for sure that 632 wouldn’t put the kibosh on HK, I’d update simply to see if doing so would get rid of the “17 updates available” anomaly in the Home app, discussed here. Thoughts?

It’s possible franz isn’t around anymore or they don’t downgrade anymore but that’s how I and a few others got downgraded to version 131 (which seems to not have any HomeKit issues)

Good morning everyone! This is the Homekit update for July 27th, 2020.

We have an agreement in place for our firmware contractor and we are kicking off the project this week!

The project is going to consistent of 3 phases:

1. Implement ADK directly and then test and verify it fixes the issue. This is slated to be completed by mid to late September. Once we have this version, I will be reaching out to our beta testers who have graciously volunteered to help us out.
  2. Once we know this path fixes the issue, we will then upgrade our WiFi chip firmware to the most recent version. That should be done by mid to late October. From there, we will do a second round of beta testing with our volunteers.
  3. Testing, upgrading or making changes to our firmware is something I take very seriously and we have to make sure this change is a positive experience for all of our users. So we will be doing testing with our contractor, our team, and with our beta volunteers. Once this is complete, we will start rolling it out to our wider customer base.

The good news, is that if this issue is impacting you, we can possibly have a fix as early as mid-September for you to try.

Thank you for being Rachio customers and I am excited to get this work completed so you all can use this capability.

Have a wonderful week.

Michael

8 Likes

@gizbug Can you send an email to michael.immell@rach.io from the email associated with your controller and I can coordinate a firmware downgrade.

Thanks much.

Michael

Done.
Thanks

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you all have had a good week so far.

This is the July 31st, 2020 Homekit update. This week we had our initial introductions and scheduled our kickoff meeting to initiate the programming work on the project. We are still on track for the ADK Beta testing for mid to late September.

Thank you all for being Rachio customers and have a wonderful weekend.

Michael

3 Likes

It would be great if this issue is fixed as I really like this controller but really over constantly having to add it back in.

I downgraded to 615 and have had no issues with HK for over a week now. So the quick fix of downgrading works!

1 Like

Good afternoon everyone. This is the Homekit update for August 7th, 2020.

We met with our contractors today for our weekly update meeting that we will have moving forward on Friday’s. Their team made good progress they understand the issue, the codebase, and are coming up to speed well. They have a couple of items they need from us and we will have those items to them next week to help facilitate testing their ADK (Apple Development Kit) fix.

As a reminder, this first phase of the project is to go directly against the Apple Development Kit for all of our Homekit functionality. That is still on track for a mid-September delivery.

That is this weeks update, thank you all for being Rachio customers, and we wish you a very wonderful weekend.

Michael

6 Likes

Thank you @Michael_I for all these weekly updates. I come here every Friday to read it, and I really appreciate you keeping us informed on the progress. These kind of actions are the ones that restore faith in your products and loyalty to your brand.
Best wishes.

4 Likes

Good morning everyone. This is the Homekit update for August 14th, 2020.

We just got off of the weekly status call with our contractor. We have made solid progress this week. There was a critical point on Tuesday where we needed to get them a programmable board to our contractor team ASAP or it was going to block their progress. Our team quickly rallied around the problem and overnighted a programmable board. During our status update today, they have a direct to ADK implementation on the board and are currently debugging through the code. This is a solid milestone for this project. It’s still early and the ADK implementation is not stable, but the code is written and we are debugging through the issues.

We are still on track for phase 1 testing in mid to late September.

A sincere thank you to you all for being Rachio customers and have a wonderful weekend.

Michael

5 Likes

From a former IT guy (now retired), sounds like a fun project to be working on. Thanks for the updates. :wink:

1 Like

I haven’t been posting here but I’ve been checking regularly for updates. I really appreciate the constant updates!

1 Like

Thanks for the weekly updates, please add me to the list of those interested in testing.

1 Like

Good afternoon everyone! This is the Homekit update for August 21st, 2020.

We met with our contractor team this week and they have recommended updating our WiFi firmware AND the ADK changes at the same time. If you remember, we had planned to do these updates in a phased approach. They are concerned that is could create an unstable state on the board and invalidate the ADK testing we plan to do at the end of phase 1 if we stagger their implementation. Our contractor team would also like to meet with our WiFi chip vendor to validate their methodologies moving forward.

They have an ADK implementation in place as well as the WiFi firmware update, both in the early stages. They are working to debug some of the behaviors they are seeing and want to consult with our chip vendor to make sure we are on the right path.

Right now, our phase 1 delivery is still on track for mid to late September delivery.

That is our update this week, thank you all for being Rachio customers, and we wish you a fantastic weekend.

Michael

4 Likes