Questions

Dear Rachio,

Your controller if it works for me looks like an answer to my prayers. At the present I have a RainBird 16-station controller in a second home in Hawaii. The water expenses there are prohibitive so If I can, remotely (via HiFi) control the controller I could save a lot of money. This November I was there and due to a lot of rain I completely shot off the RainBird and the water bill for November was 1/5 of the previous month. These are some of the questions I have regarding the Rachio device:

• Is it compatible with a MacPro laptop? I have a problem some times working with an iPhone because of the small size.

• Does it work with iPhone 4s (iOS 7.1)?

• II don’t need a sensor. Also, In my case, I don’t want to rely on a weather station since the house is situated in a microclimate i. e. when the local weather station says it will rain it does not and vice versa. Can I bypass these features?

• My present controller is a 16-sation RainBird ESP-16LX.

• Will I encounter problems re-wiring the Rachio? Holes too small, etc.?

• Can the Rachio controller be run entirely manually?

• Can it be remotely turned off?

• If something goes wrong can it be fixed remotely?

Thanks in advance for a reply to my questions.

Frank Secco
Scottsdale, AZ

@Frasecco8‌ Thanks for looking into out product. If you have any more questions or want to speak to a support professional directly we have a lot of information here http://www.support.rach.io/

• Is it compatible with a MacPro laptop? I have a problem some times working with an iPhone because of the small size.

Yes we have a web based application

• Does it work with iPhone 4s (iOS 7.1)?

Yes.

• II don’t need a sensor. Also, In my case, I don’t want to rely on a weather station since the house is situated in a microclimate i. e. when the local weather station says it will rain it does not and vice versa. Can I bypass these features?

Yes, you can enable or disable weather intelligence.

• My present controller is a 16-sation RainBird ESP-16LX.

We have all of those features and more.

• Will I encounter problems re-wiring the Rachio? Holes too small, etc.?

It should be an easy replacement, if you would like take pictures of the current wiring and send them to support@rach.io. We can let you know if we see any issues.

• Can the Rachio controller be run entirely manually?

All zones can be run manually, and can be stacked to run one after the other.

• Can it be remotely turned off?

You can turn all of the features, schedules, etc. off with one tap.

• If something goes wrong can it be fixed remotely?

Can you provide more context around this?

Thanks!