Your controller if it works for me looks like an answer to my prayers. At the present I have a RainBird 16-station controller in a second home in Hawaii. The water expenses there are prohibitive so If I can, remotely (via HiFi) control the controller I could save a lot of money. This November I was there and due to a lot of rain I completely shot off the RainBird and the water bill for November was 1/5 of the previous month. These are some of the questions I have regarding the Rachio device:
• Is it compatible with a MacPro laptop? I have a problem some times working with an iPhone because of the small size.
• Does it work with iPhone 4s (iOS 7.1)?
• II don’t need a sensor. Also, In my case, I don’t want to rely on a weather station since the house is situated in a microclimate i. e. when the local weather station says it will rain it does not and vice versa. Can I bypass these features?
• My present controller is a 16-sation RainBird ESP-16LX.
• Will I encounter problems re-wiring the Rachio? Holes too small, etc.?
• Can the Rachio controller be run entirely manually?
• Can it be remotely turned off?
• If something goes wrong can it be fixed remotely?
Thanks in advance for a reply to my questions.