I have heard some good things about Rachio, but also some not-so-good things.
Be that as it may, I have some questions that I would like addressed before I purchase a unit.
I am looking to purchase a 2nd Gen, 8-station unit
• Can I create an automatic watering schedule that DOES NOT rely on weather forecasts?
• Can I create an automatic schedule that will run ALL zones at the specified times and days, but also run one or two of those zones at different times and days?
• Do I HAVE to perform all the rigmarole specifying plants, soil, coverage, etc. I have so many mixed conditions, there would be NO WAY to input that information to be of any practical use.
• We are under water rationing and relegated to two days per week. Is there a way to block out days of the week?
• Can I create more than one schedule? eg Manual Seasonal, run once, etc. and save them to load and run at will?
• Can I “snooze” a pending schedule for certain period of time? eg, hours, days, etc.
I just want a system that I can program to run at specific times and days, and be able to easily and wirelessly adjust and re-schedule, and run manually if need be, in an app and web site.