Pump with Split Pipes and Zones

Hello All. Potential Rachio customer here. Just fixed my houses sprinkler system and I wanted to know if the Rachio would be right for me. I have one of those old school dial controllers with the little pins and really want to change it out.

I currently have 1 1.5HP pump connected to my county’s well. It is connected to a total of 29 sprinklers. The way the original owners set it up is that the one pump has a split on it that has two pipes. One pipe supplies water to the sprinklers located on the left side of my house (A total of 15) and the other pipes supplies water to the other 14 sprinklers.

The way it works is that when I turn on my pump, it provides water to only the left side. If I shut it off and then turn it back on, it will then only supply water to the right side sprinklers.

A bit of a pain but it was the best way they could do it at the time to maintain pressure and only use 1 pump.

This is the system I inherited. Rather than pay big money to have it all changed, i worked with what I had, fixed a few broken pipes and swapped out a handful of sprinkler heads.

Bottom line to all this is I love the functionality of the Rachio, but don’t know how it would be set up given my current setup. I need to figure out how many zones I have before buying a model and I am trying to figure out the easiest way to tell. It sounds like I only have two zones, but they don’t run simultaneously.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Chris

Rachio will close the master valve per zone. This woul in turn, cut off the pump. So you woul have to stagger you zones, 1 on left, 2 on right, 3 on left,m4 on right.

But the real question is, are there valves between the pump and the sprinkler?

This would not work with flex daily at all. But fixed and flex monthly would work