Pump Relay Options

Thank you for simplifying for me. Currently there is a 25psi regulator on the system which I will remove unless you advise against it. I’m using Hunter’s inline drip tube with pressure regulation and check valves.

There are 16 zones but only 2-3 that are raised. Some of the runs are quite long.

I try to recommend the best products to my irrigation clients. Please describe the specs of Pump Relays or send a part number or link and please suggest the best brand 1 Hp Booster Pump.

@tcremer - the calculated worst case supply water pressure is more than the regulator, so I think you’ll be fine without any additional pumps. I would keep the pressure regulator in the system.

As an example here is a pump start relay from Home Depot (also available from Lowe’s, etc.):

https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-2-HP-Pump-Start-Relay-57009/100181554

“Best” is subjective to the purpose at hand, etc. Regarding pumps, I’m not sure which are designed to operate with input pressure (i.e. from the municipal water source) versus drawing from a lake or body of water. Most of the pumps capacities seem like overkill (i.e. GPH) for this application.

D Lane,

I really appreciate your patient advise. Thank you.

Hi D Lane,

I think I will change the pressure regulators to 40gpm so it doesn’t have a chance to decrease the pressure if it’s over 25gph. Which are the best pump companies?

Thank you again!

@tcremer - two different units of measure have been mentioned:

1- Force/presure - PSI

2 - Speed/flow - GPM/GPH

I would check and see what the drip manufacturer calls for. My guess is 25 PSI pressure regulator.

Regarding pumps - again “best” is subjective to the purpose at hand. No guesses.

Many thanks again. You should win one million points for your help.

1 Like