Non-intelligent sprinkler system - change my mind

My Rachio system watered yesterday and this morning even though it rained all day yesterday. I had to skip the run once I heard it start up. Frustrating.

1 Like

I think this is what I need for southeast AZ watering. I am on the Flex Monthly and the plants are not getting enough water.

1 Like

Glad you are having success. Do you think Rachio sells its system to people by telling them it could take them weeks or months to tweak all the settings to get it just right for their particular yard?

What kind of grass do you have?

I’d like to know how to change those. As I said in my initial post, summer isn’t over and the heat of it certainly isn’t here in AL - but adjustments have already been made behind the scenes for me.

Who says it has to take weeks or months? For every person that comes onto the support forums with issues, I guarantee there are 1000 out there working well.

I have Bermuda grass in the warm months, and overseed a rye grass in the winter.

The one thing I found was that the Rachio unit, through it’s results, demonstrated that my settings that I gave it were incorrect. By going and re-checking, I found my error and resolved it. It meant we overwatered last winter.

However, one change I did make was that Rachio was calculating watering times of 20 - 30 mins, and some longer. The old system was 20 mins every 2 days and so I over-rided the Rachio calculated timings with 20 mins, which of course increases the frequency that it calculated per zone.

We have a large community installation on 16 zones in southern Spain. It’s over 4000m². We saved €6k last year from Rachio’s intelligence, using Daily Flex.

1 Like

Wow, that is huge!

The gardener watered at regular intervals, maybe once a week from autumn to spring, and every second day in the summer. So Flex Daily is so adaptive when dialed in, with little or no waste of water.

In my opinion, it’s totally pointless buying a Rachio if you don’t really use it in Flex Daily mode. Everything should be about water conservation / zero wastage.

2 Likes