No no no (why are my flex zones 110% moisture?)

Using forecasted precipitation has been a feature of flex daily since it was first released.

Can you provide forecasted precipitation pushing watering to the next day with 0% soil moisture screenshots? I’d like to get more familiar with the data to better understand the issue. Thanks!

:cheers:

We’re currently investigating an issue with moisture graphs being intermittently unavailable on the mobile app. In the meantime, they are available on the WebApp.

In your case @azdavidr, as we can observe with your Shrubs (Zone 4) this Zone was in fact expected to be at 0% (with a 50% AD) today:

It looks like your Shrub schedule is currently running.

1 Like

@Anthony, looking at your Zones we are receiving forecasted precipitation for the next 2 days that should sustain your lawn until 8/21 when your next Flex watering is scheduled for:

2 Likes

Thanks @franz. I wonder if predictions vs. actual this summer was different enough this summer to see a potential impact. I don’t recall seeing skips due to predicted rain prior to late spring of this year.

Thanks for checking on my shrub zone today @mitchell.

Most people in Charlotte (and other cities) have their advance setting on their zones’ settings not set right. Make sure your root depth for grass is set for 3" by default the controller sets cool season grass to 6" and warm season grass,to 9". No where in Charlotte do people have more than 3" of grass root depth. Most shrubs are 6" at must. We have very hard clay based soils. Also check you get a very close weather station and install a rain sensor on the controller too.

Thanks for the input — my grass is fine, it’s my perennials and annuals that are my biggest concerns. Yes, a close weather station is the best for getting the nearest to what my actual rainfall was. The rain sensor is just a good double check to keep from watering if I got rain that the weather station didn’t get. But the rain sensor has nothing to do with this problem — the problem is that weather forecasts are for general areas and are best guesses. And the rain is spotty.

Also, surprisingly, not all of the Charlotte area is hard clay – According to the USDA Web Soil Survey Site, my soil is half CeD2 Cecil sandy clay loam and half EnB Enon sandy loam.

1 Like

You really can’t go by that soil website because many builders bring in soil (red clay) to build up areas before, during and after construction which changes the original soil conditions.

1 Like

Much better if Rachio came out with in ground moisture sensors … fixes lots of variables and assumptions.

2 Likes