No more internet; how to manage controller?

I’m selling my house and have disconnected Internet service. How can I control my Rachio? Can I use my phone as a hotspot, resetting the Wi-Fi on the controller to use my phone? I have Xfinity at my new home, so can use the xfinitywifi network, but don’t think the controller supports the capture webpage that comes up to log in.

I have to fix a sprinkler and reenable a zone and may need to change the schedules.

Thanks.

Sure. The setup is probably easier if you first unplug your router and access points. Set up the phone as a hotspot using the same SSID (network name) and password as your home network used. The Rachio should connect without any reconfiguration. If it doesn’t, try unplugging it for a few seconds and plugging it back in.

If the Rachio connects ok but you can’t access it from the app on your phone, use a different device to control the zones / schedules. You don’t need to install the app, just visit app.rach.io from a browser (computer, tablet, etc.) You could even use an old phone with no SIM card; just connect to Wi-Fi and log into app.rach.io.

1 Like