Network Down, What Can i Do?

My fiber internet cable got cut this morning, so I have no connection to it. I can connect to the cloud to check or change settings with my iPad, but it won’t connect to my Rachio. It will not be fixed until Friday.

In the meantime, is the only thing I can do with Rachio is manual runs? I think I read somewhere that Rachio will continue as programmed. What about my Flex Daily main schedule? Will it run? Without any rain data? I may be okay as it’s not scheduled to run until Saturday, except daily flower zone. Is there more I can do with it?

Here is some info on what the controller does offline:
https://support.rachio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010378927-What-if-my-controller-goes-offline-

Section of interest is this:

Note

If you are running Flex schedules , the Rachio controller will not run the last saved schedule, as they are dynamic. Instead, we will create a two week schedule based on the forecast for the upcoming two weeks. After the controller has been offline for that two week period, it will then revert to a Rachio-supplied default watering schedule until the controller gets back online. Then, we will send the controller a new schedule based off of your Flex Daily schedule selections.

Basically your controller has in it’s memory a two week schedule which it should follow based on forecast data.

@rraisley Here’s some interesting info from a Rachio FAQ

“…if your Rachio controller loses connectivity with your Wi-Fi, it will always continue to water using the last saved schedule…
If you are running Flex schedules , the Rachio controller will not run the last saved schedule, as they are dynamic. Instead, we will create a two week schedule based on the forecast for the upcoming two weeks. After the controller has been offline for that two week period, it will then revert to a Rachio-supplied default watering schedule until the controller gets back online. Then, we will send the controller a new schedule based off of your Flex Daily schedule selections.”

Here’s the link to the FAQ

@Gene beat me to it. Glad to see that my answer is the same :slight_smile:

1 Like

If the controller doesn’t behave as desired, you can set up your phone as a temporary mobile hotspot, reconfigure the controller to use that Wi-Fi, program a fixed schedule and test. The hotspot can then be taken down. When the fiber gets fixed, switch the controller back to your regular network.

If you don’t have big acreage, a neighbor’s Wi-Fi may be in range and you could ask nicely if they will let you connect your controller. This assumes that they are unaffected by your outage.