Netafim (or other subsurface drip) for turf

I think around 20. I have 12 shared to me, mostly landscape clients.

3 Likes

I have subsurface drip on all my lawns. I’m now controlling them with a Ranchio e3. The feature I wish existed was to use Flex Monthly with the sub surface in a way which would water appropriately. Currently, if I use a “drip” setting, it will try to water for several hours at a time, spaced several days apart. This is not “appropriate” in that subsurface watering for lawn should happen nearly daily for a few minutes at a time, spread out over the day. This is because subsurface irrigation relies on capillary pressure to spread the water laterally to the grass between the drip lines. If that soil gets too dry, then water won’t flow to it laterally and the grass will die. To make this happen, the “several hours a time, spaced by several days apart” bit needs to change to “several minutes at a time every couple hours, every day” as a special “sub surface lawn” setting.

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately Rachio only has traditional drip settings so will do long soaking drips.
I have mine setup as a normal spray sprinkler with smart cycle to run, soak, run soak.

Would definitely appreciate turf subsurface drip settings!

1 Like