Need Drip Irrigation Setting

Yep. Now, we are stuck with them in the SEC.:rage:

A lot of the “ag” schools seem to have that mentality.

I refer to aTm as the “Auburn of Texas”. A cult that I am unfortunately familiar with.

Which is why I moved to Texas…

(But Auburn has a much better School of Engineering, don’tcha know…)

I, too, am going to drip and many communities such as ours are offering rebates to customers who make the change from overhead irrigation to drip. I can get a 50% rebate from the city on a controller designed for drip but I won’t buy a Rachio until they decide to go after this share of the market. This is probably why companies such as Sprinkler Warehouse don’t carry their products. Rachio is pretty much quiet on drip systems when you surf their website - that’s telling you something! I would like to get some really clear answers from them when these updates will arrive.

Rachio is the best of the bunch. The fact Rachio has no buttons on the faceplate is a deal breaker for many. But should not complain. I don’t think Skydrop has drip as setting either. Hunter Hydrawise and Rain Machine just have you set your own run times. What were people doing before smart controllers? Cannot complain.
No mention of soil, sun exposure or slope or sprinkler type.

1 Like

I have one controller that is all drip (4 zones) to water vegetable gardens and fruit trees. I have another controller that has drip zones for my xeriscape and veggie garden and a couple of zones with fixed spray heads for the lawn. Both Rachio controllers work great for me!

1 Like

It’s similar for me. I have 1 small lawn and 4 drip zones (shrubs, trees, garden and potted plants). It could be made easier to program with the software for sure, but it certainly works quite well once it’s set up. This was my proposal on how to make it better. You can follow the steps in the link today if you’d like to use Flex on your drip systems.

1 Like

I hate drip irrigation. Period.

Sunny does your drip system run off a hose bib?

No, we have dedicated systems directly connected to the water service line. That way the hose bib is available for other uses.

Hi,
I just installed a drip system, but withOUT any emitters.
Each plant is enclosed by a circle of perforated hose.
As you enhance drip scheduling, please add variables such as number of plants per zone, so that water consumption can be calculated.

Thx,
M.

1 Like

@marcfeldman
My only concern with this would be it’s difficult to estimate the usage per plant when we don’t know how much water the perforated hose is putting out…
Do you have an estimate for GPH or GPM for the perforated hose?

Hi,
According to Rainbird’s site their hose is rated at 0.9 GPH per 18 inches.
Have the user enter the drip rate rate per length and number of linear feet of emitting hose, letting them calculate circumference = Pi * D if they run circles around the base of each plant.
Thx,
M.