Multiple pumps one controller?

Can you clarify for me how the valves are wired into the system.

To clarify. There is a brown wire which is a zone wire in one of the relays. This goes to a valve.
I use a a different brown wire to daisy chain one side of the pole terminal to all 16 relays as I interpreted your step 1 in the original.
Did I confuse pole terminals with the coil terminals?

Does it matter that the commons in step 2 of the original are connected to the daisy chained commons of step 4?

It seems to me that the changes swap the pole and coil wires. I guess I got them confused.
Are the two unlabeled ports the coil posts? And the two labeled ports, the NO and the COM?
I see that is exactly what I did.
Arrrgh.
Thanks for all your help.
Iā€™ll get it fixed.

Sorry I was away from the computer / couldnā€™t reply sooner.

Yes, you understood everything correctly on your last message.
It does not matter that Commons from step 2 are connected to commons of step 4.

Remember to swap the white / daisy chained brown wire on the spares. This way you will not be caught off guard later on when you get to use them.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Gene

1 Like

@Gene- thanks for stepping in on the assist as I was out of pocket all day today.

@Ksheston - glad the solution works for you and Gene got it working for multiple zones.

Let us know if there are any more questions or problems.

2 Likes

@DLane, Iā€™m a new user jumping into this older thread. I like your solution to run an external pump for only specific zones. Would you be able to provide a generic schematic to help visualize the circuits?
Side note, I was looking into the IFTTT/Smart Control abilities of the Rachio system to see if the system would be able to turn on and off a smart outlet powering the pump using WiFi commands. Unfortunately, it doesnā€™t appear the current Rachio IFTTT service has the capability.
One could set up the smart outlet with a timer to turn the pump on to coincide with a schedule of specified zones.
Thanks!
Bob

@Yooper_bob - be glad to help out. If you can give me some more details about the current setup and the desired behavior Iā€™ll draw something up, unless @Gene is quicker on the trigger.

Rachio states they can power three solenoids at one time - i.e. master valve, zone 1 and zone 2 when reduce water hammer is on. So weā€™ll have to watch and make sure we donā€™t pull too much current - Rachio will tell us - through a zone.

The solution above I used the voltage coming from the Master Valve/Pump Start Relay port to provide the power to trigger other valves, in combination with a zone terminal. The SPST relays donā€™t pull much power.

2 Likes