Moisture manual FILL and Empty doesn´t work

Well, I think this is a common issue with software that attempts to devine the future. It’s complicated and fuzzy, even more difficult to represent this fuzziness. Just out of curiosity, why did you empty your zone?

I’m not saying this is bug free but 9 out of 10 times it appears to be misbehaving, 3am brings clarity.

I’ve been switching out my spray heads for MP Rotators and running zones to make adjustments. Rachio added these test runs to my moisture balance, as it should, and it caused a skip, without a good deep watering. We’re already hitting 90 here in FL and grass in a few zones is hitting the wilt point so I emptied the zones to get back on track with my new PR settings.

Also trying to dial in soil type. My house is sitting on natively sandy loam soil but also built up by clay dug out from nearby man made lakes.

Ok, at some point last night my flex schedule decided to kick off despite saying it was going to skip this morning all day yesterday. Also gone is the forecasted watering for yesterday. Good to see that the scheduling logic is sound. The calendar and the moisture charts could really benefit from more near-time updates though, especially when an absolute action (like empty/fill) is taken. Constructive criticism :slight_smile:

That said, the moisture chart is still a bit wonky this morning:

Notice for this zone it’s only forecasting 0.19 inches of water but the zone is watering now 2 cycles for 41 minutes each with a custom nozzle of 0.4 inches/hr:

Simple math says that forecasted watering amount, and what’s actually being applied as I type this, is (0.4/60)*82 = 0.54 inches. Where does 0.19 inches come from??

I’m sure @plainsane and others will tell me I’m not being patient enough and the graph will reflect the correct values 24 hours from now :slight_smile: but I would like to hear from @franz or @emil to know if this is expected behavior or if this is a bug in the moisture levels/calendar that can be addressed. thx.

They are working on making things more real time but seriously dude, how do you expect a system to be as real time as you want when the data is not available, maybe I’m missing something

yea, we’re on different planes :wink:

I’m not complaining about the accuracy of the rain forecast or an underwhelming EVT prediction on a scorching day. Those things are are much harder to predict and I have no expectation that Rachio can accurately predict the weather.

My hang up is I can affect the schedule at any time by changing a constant (PR, slope, soil type, AW, efficiency,etc). Those things are constants in the forumla. That’s why, as soon as I commit that change, the schedule and moisture graph recalculate, taking those new constants into account. It’s INVALUABLE to see the effects of your change immediately in the schedule and the moisture chart.

For some reason, clicking EMPTY doesn’t do that.