Meter Install with Master Valve Questions

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned up thread the current backflow preventer is not at the highest point. How it was installed at a spot way lower than the highest point escapes me (other than it was at a convenient spot close to the meter). It would take at least 100 feet of pipe to place it at the highest point plus the current one is at least 25 years old. I figured a new RP backflow preventer is the faster, cheaper way to go.

I understand that the RP backflow preventer drops the pressure approximately 15 to 25 pounds (I don’t believe they are adjustable). At 95 pounds static, I thought it needed to be reduced more so I thought I would add the pressure reducer.

Galvanized is a good idea to help support the weight, although I suppose I could install a post to support the hanging end of the V… Of course it would be a cleaner install to dig up the downstream riser and move it, but digging and roots are not my favorite thing.