Meet Team Rachio - David C

Hey Rachio fam! Meet the man behind the handle - @dchau! David is one of our bomb Software Engineers and spends most of his time on our Server team helping with new infrastructure or endpoints as well as troubleshooting. He’s been with us since May of 2017. Get to know him here :point_down::point_down:

Where are you from?
I’m a Colorado native, I haven’t left because it’s a pretty awesome place with limitless activities.

What do you like to read?
It’s a little corny but I like “Self-Help” books. One of my personal favorites is “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie. I like these books because they either teach me something new or reminds me to practice the things I already knew.

What’s your favorite drink?
Whiskey, shaken, stirred, neat… whiskey.

What’s the first career you dreamed of having as a kid?
When I was a kid, I always dreamed of being a fireman. I thought it would cool to be able ride around in a big truck and put out fires around town. I still have the desire to become one, or at least a volunteer firefighter, that way I can still do those things in addition to help others.

Who do you look up to/your biggest influencers?
I look up to my immediate family. They raised me with the idea that I should always be hungry. Whether that be with my career, knowledge, or anything else, always strive to be a better person. I may have also taken that idea too literally since I love food!

8 Likes

@dchau up for a whisky when I’m up there in June!? :rofl:

4 Likes

Nice to meet you David.

2 Likes

Hows it going David!

Nice to meet y’all! Doing well over in Colorado. Just struggling a little trying to figure out what to wear when it’s 20 degrees one day and 60 degrees the next day. Ahh, good old :colorado:

@tmcgahey I’m game to grab whisky at anytime! :smiley: Let me know when you come to town!

2 Likes

Me too!

:cheers:

3 Likes

I’ll join! :cheers:

3 Likes