Master valve issue Rachio3 master valve

Hello! I have the Rachio3
I recently replaced my old master valve with a new Orbit 24VAC valve. I have master valve selected in the setup page of R3. However, when I run a scheduled program the valve is not triggered. But, if I run the program as a “quick run” the master valve is triggered and the schedule works just fine. My watering program is scheduled to run 3 times a day for 35min over 7 drip zones.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, H

Anybody? Thoughts or suggestions?

No clue, really. Did you by any chance setup the schedule before setting ip the master valve settings? Can you delete and recreate the schedule?

1 Like

Hey Thanks for reaching out!
In my installation I only use the master valve while I am away. I use the municipal water source. So master valve is connected directly to the outside water tap. When I’m here on Curacao I use collected rain water and i manually turn a pump on & off. So during that time I switch off the master valve in the controller settings. It’s worked fine for 5 yrs. Then this summer the Rainbird valve I used for master valve decided it had enough and so I had to replace it. Unfortunately no store on the island had the Rainbird valve. So I bought the Orbit valve. Switched on the master valve setting and waited till noon for the midday schedule to run. No joy! Valve did not open. So I stopped the program and went to the program settings and did a quick run to see if the valve would open. It did! So, the afternoon schedule comes at 3:30pm and the valve did not open. Again, stopped the program and did the quick run and the valve opens. So now I run the programs as quick run thanks to the app on my iPhone. Truly the only difference is the Orbit valve. It is 24VAC.
Thanks for hearing out
H

that is odd, maybe customer support can help. Do you have any multimeter? could you measure the voltage between M and COM while schedule is running? Set the multimeter in 200VAC