Manual operation issues

I have a gen 2 16 zone, I am still adding zones to it. I just added 2 zones and tried to run them manually. I select the zone and tap the start button, the app tells me its running but no water flows. I can tap the stop button and then select the same zone then tap the start button and the valve opens and water flows… This has happened several times on 2 different zones. any Ideas?

@Freddie - is there a master valve or pump relay in this installation?

What happens when the buttons on the Rachio controller itself, instead of the mobile app, are used to select the zone to run manually?

1 Like

No master pump, I did not try it at the controller, what I think I have figured out is when I am at the valve, I am on the same wifi the controller is on, when I am where the grass is waters, I am on LTE cell service and there is a delay? Have you seen this before?

@Freddie, I’ve seen a delay with other IoT devices, can’t say that I’ve noticed it with Rachio as I have very rarely used the remote control part of the application. When I have used the remote control, it ran just fine.

1 Like

I have seen this before. I was doing a system check on a property a few weeks ago with my phone. All zones worked except one, but I knew it was working. I skipped it and finished the check. I came back to it and it activated fine several more times with no issues. For me, it wasn’t a delay, it just didn’t activate the first time.

Sprinklerman36m
Freddie:
I am on LTE cell service and there is a delay? Have you seen this before?

I have seen this before. I was doing a system check on a property a few weeks ago with my phone. All zones worked except one, but I knew it was working. I skipped it and finished the check. I came back to it and it activated fine several more times with no issues. For me, it wasn’t a delay, it just didn’t activate the first time.

Got it, I assume I was just being impatient, I will do some test in a few weeks and post the results…
Thanks!

After playing around, It appears I am just an impatient person and when on LTE, there is a delay. I always worked, it just takes 15- 45 seconds to start. When connected to my WiFi network it is instantaneous.