Manage device through web interface?

I currently have an iOS device that was used to setup my iro, but your website said (and still says) “Our laptop version will be ready for you before your Iro ships.” I am looking to replace my iOS device with a Windows mobile device and this could pose a problem for me.

• Do you still plan on providing a web interface to manage the iro?
  • Will the iro be running the webserver or will the webserver be in the ‘cloud’ then the iro gets latest config from ‘cloud’?
  • Does the iro require internet access and/or rachio servers to exist in order to function? (thinking years down the line… will the iro become a brick if you close up shop and power down servers?)

Hi @seankearney‌,

We do still plan on providing a web interface to manage the Iro.

This particular shortfall by Rachio falls on my shoulders because I was the one originally building the web version and put the content on our website that it would be completed by now. My role has shifted quite a bit over the last few months and unfortunately I have not been able to contribute much to that project since.

I didn’t want to take it down at this point because it was already promised and as a company we own our shortfalls. We are currently hiring out for the development work to finish it up. We hope to have it released in the July timeframe. I apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you.

The webserver will always run in the cloud, never on the device. Yes, the Iro will require internet access and rachio servers to exist.

As a company, one or our goals is to not go out of business, but you never know. Given that we have a large customer base, it’s unlikely that the lights would ever just go off. If we ran into trouble, we may be forced to stop creating new devices and features, but the device and features currently online could be maintained (possibly by someone else) for a nominal amount, therefore not creating a brick.

Would love to see the web interface go live very soon!

@jeremyshultz‌ Good news! We are working very hard to have a beta version ready for use this weekend. So, coming very soon!

I would like to be able to control my sprinkler system when I am on vacation. It would really make my neighbors jealous to see it cut on and off at random times.

@mrharley‌ Did you purchase a Iro unit yet? You can do this with the app for android or iOS.

yes I have the unit installed and working just can’t get to it from the web.

Are you using an phone app? I don’t think web or desktop access is available yet …

Phone works grate. I was thinking lap top.

Is there an ETA for the beta version to be available today/this weekend?

@jeremyshultz‌ It will be this weekend, probably Saturday afternoon. I’ll post a link here.

Please remember, it’s beta and will have some basic features to start, but wanted to get it out to people to start playing with.

The great thing about the web interface is that we can iterate on it very quickly.

Great. I look forward to this!

@chris‌ any update? Thanks!

@jeremyshultz‌ We’re still working on pushing it out. We will have it out later today.

Looking forward to this as well…

Hi Everyone,

I apologize, but it looks like we won’t get the app out this weekend. We have it ready to go, but are running into issues with the app working properly with our security system in production.

We working through the issues now, but it turned out to be a bit more of a project than we first estimated. We will have the issue resolved soon.

Apologies for the delay.

Shame, saw the update, had my hopes up!

@jimmyjimjim‌ Soon!

@chris really disappointed too.

@jeremyshultz‌ apologies. I think we should be able to resolve this tomorrow. I’ll keep this thread updated.