It finally rained!

I live in southern california and have had my Rachio for a couple of months… It finally rained today - so I have some questions.

1. I have a rain sensor plugged into the rachio - how can I tell if it is “on”?
  2. I assume the Iro will check the my weather station and also notice that I had rainfall?

Thanks in advance!

What I don’t want to have happen is for it to water when it doesn’t need to, and I don’t to have to manually set a rain delay.

Thanks,

Matt

Congrats, it has been some time!

If you look in the activity feed all of your events show up there including rain sensor activated/de-activated.

If your weather station has recorded the precipitation and it is over the threshold set for the schedule, it will be skipped.

One hour before the schedule runs you will receive a notification in your events that says if the schedule will run or not based on observed/forecasted precipitation.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

:cheers:

Ok - I seem to remember the least amount of rain that would trigger rain delay is .25inches - and it looks like I only got about a tenth, so that won’t set it off. And my rain sensor also didn’t trigger - so it must not be working.

Matt

Most rain sensors have a way to test. I would try that and make sure it is configured correctly. 1/10 inch or rain might not be enough to trigger since they also have thresholds.

If you do have any wiring questions [support@rachio.com] is a great resource.

:cheers: