Initial setup - every 3 days (auto) vs. 3 days per week (water restriction)

Hi and thanks for reading. I just installed my Rachio Iro 3 days ago, and really loved the setup process! Looking forward to getting off to a good start this year with my yard…

I am a little confused on what to do though in regards to my watering days. Initially, I let the app decide when to water. It chose every 3 days. That seems about right this time of year - cooler weather, etc.

But we have a watering restriction that limits us to Tue, Thur, Sat waterings. My first instinct was that I needed to manually over-ride the every 3 day setting to be in compliance with local ordinance.

But when I chose Tue/Thur/Sat, it seems to take it that I want to manually over-ride and that I’m insisting on watering my grass every Tue/Thur/Sat, which seems a bit too much. So then I decided to go with just Tuesdays and Saturdays, which is basically about every 3 days.

But I worry that in the hot Georgia summertimes, this may not be enough watering.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

@bwjordan

This kind of goes with my response from here:

At the end of April we are releasing some major updates to our app, a full re-write of mobile/web. One of the new features is flex schedules, which is exactly what you are asking for. You tell us what days we can choose to water, we will track evapotranspiration, and only water when you need it. The concept is called management allowed depletion.

Hope this helps, we feel this is going to provide even more savings than we do now.

Let us know if you have any more questions or feedback. Thanks!