IFTTT and WeMo Switch and Rachio Iro

While I was a bit concerned that the Iro didn’t have a control knob on the actual unit itself for someone else to turn on/off my sprinklers. With the help of a WeMo smart switch I have setup for my exterior garage lights that I want to turn on/off @ sunset/sunrise, I created a IF recipe with a long press of the WeMo Light Switch will run a Manual schedule that I have setup and keep disabled with the same settings as my typical Iro Watering Schedule. Works great for those times when the lawn guy (father-in-law) finishes cutting the lawn and then wants to turn on the sprinklers for me. I even get a notification on my phone to let me know it’s just happened! I love technology… Would love to hear some other great IFTTT recipes. While I do have the Nest thermostat and Nest Protects throughout the house, I hope the Protects NEVER have to trigger the sprinklers but really cool to know that they would protect the surrounding homes! Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

@johnesc We are not worthy!

That is fantastic, love to see these mashups.

How did you get your FIL to mow your lawn? That’s quite a feat :wink:

If you trust him, you can give him shared access

http://support.rachio.com/article/354-sharing-access

FYI, we will be re-releasing our one-time landscaper access feature in the near future which will work through our webapp and give others zone control, without having to install a native app. More details coming later.

Keep up the sweet mashups!

:beers:

1 Like

LOL! Fortunate to have great inlaws that are friends as well, allow them to come on all your vacations and they will watch your kids and mow your lawn for free! :wink: Great news about the landscaper access, that wouldn’t be for him, not tech savvy. If it wasn’t for the switch setup, he’d just have to call me.