I live in Arizona. Everything is dying on the Flexible Schedule

Agreed. The photos posted of the agaves could be from overwatering or underwatering–the plants exhibit similar symptoms in those situations. My best guess would be too much water. Agaves need to dry out between watering. Using a soil probe or screw driver with a long blade will give an indication of the depth of moisture.

1 Like

Overwatering was my first thought when I see the agave. Is this the drip system with all the different gallon per hour emitters? Place the same emitters throughout the zone and use a .2 inch per hour as a precipitation rate. Use a crop coefficient of .5 and research the root depth of these desert plants. Try the Ewing Irrigation app with irrigation tools. You can input your emitter gph, input soil type, square footage and it will give you a run time.

1 Like

I recommended the .1 because you have a mixture of 2 soils in your area so by selecting the lower of the 2 you will be safe, takeoff the higher value could result in burning

I’m not even sure how you find the soil type on that thing lol I’m just south of you guys in Maricopa

Did you follow the directions step by step ?

I don’t believe the soil type really matters once you set the available water in advanced settings.

1 Like