Hunter watering times

I logged on to Hunters run time calculator and got some long run times. I have 4 zones and they are all grass. Live in the Kansas City Missouri area. They suggest I run my rotary head for 24 mins and three times a morning and three days a week. Then the spray heads are suggested to run 7 mins, three times a morning and three days a week. I have a must flat sunny yard with clay loam. Does this seem obsessive?? That’s just over 3 hours a day and 9 hours a week. That seems like a lot!

How long does everyone else water?

Have you tried doing a cup test to establish what your system effectively does? I manipulated my settings to come to something close to what I have conventionally used for 10 years, and slowly tightening down things based on what I visually see the grass do.

@eckirchn This might win the award for most “delayed response” since the original post is 4 years old :wink: Sometimes you might miss when the original post was, just a heads up in case you missed that, but thanks for trying to help them out. Hopefully they’ve figured this out by now!

:cheers:

1 Like

Just got time to spare, and thought I would go through the un-answered questions, but maybe I am not helping anything. I get most of my tech support via forums and IRC, so sometimes old posts need to be reactivated, or linked to a current thread on the topic.

I’ll wait for my badge called “Delayed Response” to appear on my account @franz, thank you prematurely.

OK great, I didnt know that, makes sense to me to close that loop! It’s fun to see some of the posts from way back when. I’ll just step out now and think of more badges, sorry for the intrusion.

:cheers:

1 Like