Honestly about ready to switch back to my old controller

I’ve heard of St. Augustine, but it seems as if this is mostly used in high humidity areas, like Texas. I’ve never heard of it used here, but I’ll check.

I’m going to pick up a set of catch cups and run the test again. I know I have a lot of overspray (and thus low efficiency) as it’s very difficult to water from the perimeter of oddly shaped areas. Lots of water spraying the rocks just to cover an area. Also, there are no sprinklers in the middle of these yards due to the fact they are On Lot Water Retention (OLWR) zones. So, all my water has to come from the perimeter, which makes it tough. I’ve thought about changing out one of the heads to one of those orbiting sprinklers to get better coverage in the middle. I guess the catch cup test will tell me if this is required.

Thanks all!

1 Like

Seems as though there might be a variant of St. Augustine called Palmetto St. Augustine sold here in Arizona, but it looks like the problem with St. Augustines is that it isn’t recommended to overseed. I could almost live with that, but the fact that it also recommends mowing with a reel mower.

Well, if that’s the recommendation, we’ve never followed it. Doesn’t seem to harm our lawn. These turf growers recommend that though. Phoenix Sod for the Arizona Climate | Evergreen Turf Sod Supplier The lawn is the Hubs responsibility. I do mow on occasion, but my focus is the veggies and flowers.