Hey Alexa, tell Rachio

@SierraQ

On the roadmap for this year :wink:

:cheers:

Yes I too wish to see…

• “Alexa, tell Rachio to pause watering for X Minutes”
    X= 5 or 7 or 15 or 25 minutes, etc., etc.
  • “Alexa, tell Rachio to resume watering”
2 Likes

Sorry to come in late to this thread - I’ve had my Rachio a while but just enabled the Alexa skill. I’ve seen other posts requesting a feature I would very much like to see added: the ability to give Alexa commands for a group of zones, such as “front lawn” etc. I also see this has been under consideration by development for a while. I’m hoping it can make it to reality soon!

1 Like

Alexa is not working through my ios device as I am trying to get it connected but the connection is not getting established and I am not getting the access of that and it has also affected iTunes also and giving iTunes error 9.

The only commands Alexa recognizes on my Dot are to water by a specific zone, and start or cancel a rain delay. None of the other commands listed on the Rachio Skill work. I am most intetested in having Alexa start a complete watering cycle or just have it water all zones.

Same problem. Any solution?

Nothing.

Even though this is “supposed” to work, I am still having trouble with friendly named zones. For instance, I have a zone named Back Yard. If I say, “Alexa, tell Rachio to water Backyard for 5 minutes”, Alexa gets stuck in a loop asking me which zone and for how long to run it. I have tried all the variations of “ask”, "tell’ and so forth in the command. None of them works. All of the zones work if I use “zone x” where “x” is the zone number. It’s just that Alexa has trouble with friendly named zones.

Hey Product Manger, this is what I need to make Alexa more intuitive.

1. I need to be able to set up a routine to start the quick run in the Alexa app. For example, I have a routine where I say, “Alexa good Morning!” Then my Tv turns on, the lamps come on, Alexa tells me the weather, but I also want my quick run water schedule to run (or a preset schedule in the Rachio app).

2. I want to be able to name my Rachio and Alexa recognize it. What if I don’t want to say Rachio, what if I want to say “Alexa tell Sweet Water John to do a quick run.”

3. I wish Rachio notifications could integrate with Alexa notifications. So when there is a rain delay, Alexa echo dots will show notifications. I say “ Alexa what’s the notifications?” She says “Watering has been skipped due to rain sensor being activated!”

Please feel free to offer me a job :grimacing: