Getting more water

To an extent, yes. A larger tank would allow for more drawdown (sorry, I mistyped earlier). Drawdown is the amount of water used before the pump needs to kick back on. For the low flow of your well, you really should have more drawdown since your well will struggle to keep up beyond that. For the purposes of a home, 6.0gpm is probably fine. A shower or two, a faucet or two at a time isn’t going to overload the system, but a sprinkler system is a lot more water hungry…

It has been a few years since I’ve had to do pump calculations. Let me see if I can find some of my old information. IIRC, there is a calculation that involves pump flow rate (6.0gpm in your case), minimum runtime (this is the calculation I don’t remember off the top of my head) and pressure switch setting (on/off 20/40, 30/50, 40/60).

There are virtually zero drawbacks to an “oversized” pressure tank. The pump runs less, so less wear on the pump head, pressure switches, the tank itself, etc.

Ok awesome I will have to look into this.

I did the well flow test with the pressure tank method. 6.6 gpm is the flow.

I’m not exactly sure what plants you have or where you live, but a lawn as an example can handle being watered every other day (again depends on type, weather, and location). In such a case you can break up your schedule, half the lawn runs on a day when the other half doesn’t and so on.

Just trying to give you an idea to work with. Not saying this will actually fit your situation.