Generation 2!

I would reach out to orders@rachio.com and they can handle this question.

Thanks!

:cheers:

The upgrade is available through 3/2 (tomorrow!). To be eligible, you had to have an installed Gen 1 prior to 2/2.

2 Likes

I’ve been holding tight, and I know it’s only been “Spring” for a week or so :wink: , but any more specific idea when the 8 zone version might ship? I’ve got cash in hand but only 5 zones, so the 16 feels a little wrong…

I’d hold tight and not get the 16.

Believe middle of April is when will be available for sale. We are shipping to distribution channels.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I know where my tax refund is going! :wink:

2 Likes

Ready to pull the trigger on the 8 zone. Checking Amazon every morning to see if it is there.

2 Likes

I’ll post here when available on Amazon and our site (better margins :smile:) .

Software has been released to app stores, being sent to distribution channels (on trucks).

Think the target is mid April, so should time well with our 2.5 release that I hope to submit today to the app store :wink:

2 Likes

I’m being told April 12th is the date, so barring any unforeseen issues it seems like that is what we are currently targeting.

1 Like

Do you expect the retail price to be $200? I recently purchased an 8 zone 1st gen Rachio. I was about to install it last weekend when I discovered you’ll have an 8 zone 2nd gen coming out soon. I’m thinking of returning my 1st gen but the last day I can return it is tomorrow (Fri). Not sure if I necessarily “need” the upgrades of the 2nd gen as my control unit is inside my garage and I only have 3 zones, but I’d prefer the newer version if the cost isn’t too much higher. Any info would be appreciated as I have to make this decision soon…thanks.

Even cheaper, $199!

1 Like

Great, thanks!

Generation 2 8 Zone now available at http://rachio.com/store or http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D1NMLJU !

2 Likes

Made my day.

I found it a bit early… :wink: Check the date :stuck_out_tongue: I couldn’t hold back any longer!

1 Like

LOL. If you PM me I’ll get you some free Rachio swag. :wink:

Ah! Given I only have 3 zones and am not even using my controller yet, I could have saved myself $50 by waiting an extra 2 weeks to buy. Oh well, hind sight is 20/20 right?

1 Like

Planning for the future… :wink: