Gen3 and Verizon Jetpack

I am switching to 5 ghz to see if that helps. The hotspot is only 5 ft away

Didn’t work . Going back to 2.4 and restarting all

9 th times the charm! I do not know what I did any differently. The last 2 times I put the hotspot right next to it. I don’t think it’s about how close the unit is, but one thing I did do was also connect my phone to the hotspot as well. That shouldn’t be a requirement though should it?

I think that is recommended but can’t say for certain. It does seem like that did the trick. I wonder if you were connected last time? Well glad you are back online.

:cheers:

Is there any recommendation to prevent it from “losing” its connection? I would like to think that if the unit has a loss of power or the hotspot drops out that it should rejoin with the password and SSID .

The controller should naturally reconnect after losing WiFi connection with the same password and SSID.

:cheers:

@DaleB, I might suggest the following four tests to see if there is an edge/race condition or unexpected behavior on the Jetpack or Rachio.

1. Take the Jetpack out of WiFi range from the Rachio until Rachio reports off line and then bring the Jetpack back in range.

2. Reboot the Jetpack, but don’t reboot the Rachio.

3. Unplug the Rachio, but don’t restart the Jetpack (this is similar to what kicked off this thread).

4. Reboot/restart both the Jetpack and the Rachio (e.g. power failure) to see if there is a race condition.

If all four tests pass, then there was some temporary disturbance in the space time continuum. If one or more tests have an issue, then there might need to be some more digging but it would limit the scope of where to look for Rachio.

Just my $0.02.

2 Likes

Dlane,

Thank you. Just saw this post, I will try this next time!

Dale