Forecast Vs Actual Crop Evap

Hi @mckynzee,

I just changed my weather station to YSSY (Sydney Airport), to see if there was any change. I haven’t used this station before because it does not record rain.

When I changed to YSSY, my Actual ET changed to figures that are inline with my manual calculations. So this issue must be related to the weather station.

Do you have suggestions in regards to the weather stations?

Hi @Bizza-

After reviewing your station, it actually looks like the data was coming in correctly, and just looks like your station is reporting almost exactly the same ET every day. I can send you the CSV if you have any interest, the vary slightly each day, but since we round the number, it displays the same every day. I would recommend staying on the new station, it seems like the PWS is just not reliable.

McKynzee

Thanks @mckynzee,

Can you send me the CSV, I would be interested in viewing it.

When you say to stay on the new station, are you referring to YSSY, or the PWS (Maroubra)? The YSSY does not record rain, but looks like the ET is correct. The PWS maroubra, I just changed the WU site that it feeds from to one that reports solar UV, and I am waiting to see if this one reports ET correctly as per the ET figures from the BOM.

I will DM it for you now @Bizza :slight_smile:

I would stay away from PWS maroubra- this is the one reporting very low and consistent ET. However, I am nervous about the YSSY not reporting any precipitation. Do you have any other options available to you?

Hi @mckynzee,

I am checking other stations around me, and using other WU stations to feed into PWS maroubra to see if there are any better options.

I have changed to a Monthly Flex schedule now. Will this use the ET data from the PWS for climate skip?

It will not- it will use historical ET data. My only concern is some countries don’t provide the historical data we need- let me check Australia for you…

It’s looking like we don’t have any historical data from Australia, so your interval is not going to effectively adjust on flex monthly. Let’s see if we can’t find a more reliable station so that we can get you back onto Flex Daily!

I appreciate the help. The reason for buying Rachio was for the flex daily.

If you can help with the station that would be great, otherwise I will select different ones and see what data I get over a few days.