Flex schedule started watering after two days of rain!

Hi everyone! New Rachio owner here; I set up my system on November 19 with a flexible daily schedule and local weather station. It started raining on that day, continuing on to the evening of November 20. As expected, there was no watering during those two days. Imagine my surprise when watering started this morning, November 21, when the ground was still very much saturated.

My old system used an evapotranspiration algorithm as well as weather data to counteract this potential problem; doesn’t Rachio do the same?

Hey @pknoot-
We do use an ET algorithm in order to determine when to water. Is this the first time your system has watered?
McKynzee :rachio:

Yes.

@pknoot Alright! So the reason this happened is because your flex schedule just started. When flex begins, it assumes your lawn is completely dry over waters to ensure your yard’s “gas tank” is completely full. This is to give flex a type of baseline to go off of from here on out. So even though it rained, your schedule didn’t think that was sufficient to fill the tank, and it wanted to fill it all the way up. Now that it has gotten it’s baseline, it shouldn’t do this again! Let me know if you have any other questions.
McKynzee :rachio:

2 Likes