First watering - seems overkill?

That’s exactly what you do. I was just going to explain that to you but you have the concept down perfectly. For me, (as I mentioned above) my Zone 2 gets water from both Zone 1 and Zone 3, so I placed cups in zone 2, watered all 3 zones for 10 minutes each, then used that number for my Zone 2 calculations… thus that is why my zone 2 runs the least amount.

FYI, 20 minutes for each zone may be a bit overkill, so use your own judgement once you see how fast those cups fill up.

2 Likes

So I ran the test tonight. 6 of them… Each of them in ML for 5 minutes.

So, I added all those, divided by 6 * 20 which got me 916ml/hour. Google is telling me that is 55 inches/hour, which the app doesn’t like… What am I doing wrong here?

Yeah there is more to it than that. I tried to do the calc before too on my own, but you’ll want to use the orbit website, that makes it super simple. Unfortunately, they’ve been having errors on their website, see this post about the issue and also the short term resolution to enter in your numbers.

Actually, I just check and http://wateringschedule.com/get-started/#/stations is working now

This is what I get when I put in my data, I don’t see anything about flow so I can’t tell what to put in for a custom nozzle.

Yeah they don’t do a good job of telling you but you click on the Station 1 name to see your numbers. Post up what the numbers say on the next page you see

Ahh, looks like they are still having problems… When I click on that, I get a blank page.

I used their iPhone app, says 2.06 in/hour… so I’ll dial that in and hope for better results!

Thanks so much for your help!

1 Like

Cool, I think that sounds like a good PR if you are getting pooling with the other settings being correct. Like I may have mentioned before, my one zone that gets a lot of overlap is 2.2 and it waters the least amount and looks the best.

1 Like

@optize Did it change your watering time a decent amount?

It did, it changed it to 20 minutes and with sloping, it created 4, 5 minute sessions. We shall see when it runs tomorrow…

1 Like

btw how did this turn out? any less flooding?