Fire Alert Activation and easier multi unit/multi user use

I live in the Mandeville canyon area of Los Angeles which is susceptible to brush fires during the dry season. It would be great to have a setting which would automatically cycle the sprinklers around the house in the event of a nearby fire or fire alert. I know this can be done manually, but the last time there was a brush fire I was in a different time zone and missed the alert. An additional fire safety feature would be the ability to make it easier for a single ‘super user’ to be able to cycle on several different units across multiple homes in the event of a fire, so even if neighbors are away, the neighborhood at large can still be that much more resistant to flying embers.

Hey @irbsail!

What a great feature idea! How do you get the fire alerts? Is there a way to set up an IFTTT recipe that will accommodate that?

:cheers:

Perhaps through weather underground ? I know they have a map of wild fires (EG https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?zoom=5&lat=37.80307138624724&lon=-90.50826873347978&wxstn=0&wxstnmode=tw&radar=0&radaropa=0.7&satellite=0&satelliteopa=0.8&insertHurricaneNameHere=false&goes16opa=0&severe=0&severeopa=0.9&sst=0&sstopa=0.8&sstanom=0&sstanomopa=0.8&cam=0&fronts=0&hur=0&models=0&modelsmodel=ecmwf&modelsopa=0.8&modelstype=SURPRE&lightning=0&fire=1&fireopa=0.9&rep=0&surge=0&tor=0)

AWESOME! Thanks for the link :slight_smile: I’ll add it to the list of suggestions to look into!

@irbsail - check out this post by @spscoutenPhD where he pre-programs a soaking schedule.

2 Likes