False High Flow readings with Everydrop 1004-EX Wired Flow Meter (Possibly applies to all Flow Meters?)

Contact EveryDrop support (you may have to start from their sales@ address) describing your issue. I had calibration flow values on my 1004-EX proportionally on each zone about 50-80% higher than direct comparisons to my at-the-curb water supplier’s flow meter, which I provided in a spreadsheet (8 zones) to EveryDrop.

They replaced my meter, and it now calibrates extremely well (within ±2% of supplier’s metered flow). The EveryDrop is on the metered irrigation leg of my water supply, so Rachio now reports usage that matches my bill. You won’t regret installing the shielded signal cable - it’ll last forever. That armored version is a bear to bend and strip though!

My problem isn’t different values than other meters, it’s just consistency. If I calibrate zone 1 now at 10GPM, I don’t want it saying 18GPM in 12 hours and shutting the zone off! I also have a Flume v2 whole-house meter and was comparing the 2 meters when calibrating all zones. They were shockingly close, pretty much exactly the same the entire time!

The armored version cable is a beast as you said. Overkill but will outlast me by a long shot!

I have a problem like that in a neighborhood with wildly fluctuating water pressure. My solution (since sprinkler failure is WAY less likely than flow variations) is to widen the low-flow and high-flow limits (to 50% for low, 120% and up for high) for each zone until the alerts or shut-offs go away. Keep Flow Monitoring ON, and Auto Shut Off ON. With your flow meter, you’ll always put down the right amount of water. Try to calibrate your “baseline” flow (you can do the whole device in the Accessory setup screen) as close as you can to the time you’re usually watering.