I replaced a Rainbird controller with a Rachio 3 at the beginning of July. I started by replicating the run times and frequency of the old programs. I did not enable any of the advanced features, I just wanted to convert while then refine the programs. Two months later, everything is dry beyond understanding. Nothing is getting enough water and I don’t know where to start.
Example: My rose bed has bubblers and was set to specific days and run times. The previously beautiful and vigorous plants look awful. The same is true for my driplines and my front lawn seems to be the worst of all. The front is on a slope, for which I use cycle and soak. I did the cycling manually in my old controller so I was happy to see the Rachio would do it automatically…except that even though I increased the total run time, my lawn is barely making it and the soil is now dry and compacted. My driplines seem to be the worst. The same run times seem to be delivering much less water.
I’m really disappointed and would like to get on a better track with this controller.