I have been experimenting with using Flexible Daily Schedules, and I’m not getting the results I was expecting relative to temperature changes.
First off a question: Is there any way to download historical watering/moisture/weather data into something that can be loaded into a spreadsheet? That would sure make analysis easier than trying to do stuff via screen shots.
Now for the data I don’t understand from my Moisture Levels screen:
- Crop Evapotranspiration from July 16-21 (“1st week”) was in the 0.16-0.17 range. During this time our temperatures were below normal running in the upper 80s to low 90s.
- For July 22-28 (“2nd week”), Crop Evapotranspiration takes a dramatic drop and runs in the 0.11-0.12 range. However, the temperature were dramatically up for a heat wave during this time, running 100+ for all but 2 of these days. Shouldn’t this cause evapotranspiration to go up?
- For July 29, the forecasted Evapotranspiration value is 0.19. This seems more in line with the data from the 1st week. Given that July 28 and July 29 had essentially the same weather (103 degrees and sunny), why is the actual value 0.11 on the 28th with a forecasted value of 0.19 on the 29th?
So basically I have two questions:
- What caused the dramatic evapotranspiration change between July 21 and 22?
- Why aren’t the evapotranspiration numbers higher during the 2nd week heatwave with temperatures 10-15 degrees warmer than the 1st week?
I’ll upload a screen shot if I can figure out how, but in case I can’t here are links to a
showing the temperatures and Moisture Levels during this time.