End by sunrise completes starts at 2am for 1 hour?

I agree that it might be nice if the app did that automatically, but in the meantime, you can go into your schedule, go to water duration, and then you can move around the order that you want the zones to be watered in that schedule. In my mind, not the most intuitive place to have this feature, but at least it can be done manually.

seeing the same as everyone else with start times
any update on this issue ??

or has anyone done anything different to overcome this ??
my start time is like 10:15pm on the wrong day

i also moved my 2 zones that soak to the top, but it would be nice if it went back to them between other zones, so i don’t have the 1/2 hr wait time twice when they could be staggered in the rest of the schedule (hope that makes sense)

No fixes, only work around is to use the controller as a dumb controller. Set a start time rather than end by.

@franz was very fast to respond initially but i think he quickly realized how unhelpful his linked response was, since all it did was show that he stated he was going to task his team with working on it, over a year ago, yet the problem still exists.

Looks like he is dodging this thread now as i have quoted him multiple times.

1 Like

shoot…, thanks for the update.

I am having the same problem described in this thread this year (did not have the issue last year, but I did recreate the schedule).

Given the length the defect has existed, from all appearances, it does not appear that Rachio has any intent of fixing this. Am I wrong?

Sadly it does not seem like they plan on fixing it, therefor anyone with a decent amount of zones and watering times (almost everyone down south) is stuck with using the controller as a dumb controller.

It is terrible for our lawns to start watering so early, rachio is promoting disease and fungus with their End by schedule. Sad thing is, it is a very simple fix from a logic coding stand point.

So either, set start by time if you want to continue using flex daily/monthly OR switch to fixed schedules. I have opted for the latter of a fixed schedule with my zones set on different days.

Flex daily with end by time set, results in my zones all starting at 1 AM, even if only 1 or 2 zones with an hour of run time total are scheduled for that day.

@franz

Am I confused or is there just no reply from Rachio at all on this? What happened to ’ oh hey we’re Rachio, we’re new and cool and our automation Is best in industry and customer service Is top priority’ bla bla bla??? News flash business owners/ decision makers of our free market system, If you ignore the customers, they will go away…

1 Like

They have addressed this in numerous other posts. They are aware of the “issue”. While it is on their radar, it hasn’t been on their roadmap.

1 Like

But if it is ultimately the best device on the market, you’re hardly going to buy others then ???

1 Like