End before sunrise start schedule at 4:30 PM ? WHY

I AM a programmer, and as NeVs showed in his linked post above, it should be extremely easy to implement. I’d be surprised if it took 2 lines of extra code (although I don’t know what language that code would be in).

1 Like

And you may be right, but like I said, with as often as it comes up, and as upset as it makes people, there has to be a reason. I don’t know if it is programing limitation, or hardware (I don’t know how hardware would limit), or something else…

I’m assuming they’re working on the “Next Version” of software, and would prefer to put programming time and changes into it, instead of going back and updating current software.

1 Like

I can assure you, it is one of the simpler issues to fix. Please note that in my post (2 years ago), Franz linked a thread that was more than a year old (that is 3 years ago now).

At a minimum some kind of status update is expected. The fact that Franz will not respond to this topic anymore and has yet to provide any justification tells me it’s just not a priority.

1 Like

@rraisley
Having degrees in both Software development, and also another degree in a more broad Network and IT infrastructure, and having friends who do small memory C programming…
Yes there can be hardware limitations to your programming.

There are many factors that we, even those who are programmers, don’t know, and it is a bit disingenuous to state that we know something can be done. I haven’t done programing in years now, so I would hesitate to claim I am a programmer, so much as to to say I have a good foundational knowledge of how programming works.

As I started this topic I feel good to say, it’s answered.
I would love them to fix the issue one day so that it starts the schedule based on what has to water daily, and not use the total run time, but the fact is, now i know and I can adjust accordingly.

@franz
Please keep it in mind that this is a frustration for many, who most likely like me love the product otherwise. But also, please don’t make a change that breaks many other things just to fix this one thing. If it could be put on the development roadmap for the future we would appreciate it.

2 Likes