Double precipitation recorded

@Linn

Our weather provider found the issue and is fixing.

Continuing the discussion from Zone watering, moisture level chart shows 0 for irrigation, other problems:

Franz,

I wanted to provide an update. We have been investigating, and can confirm the issue you found. We have also found this same station reporting on MesoWest:
MESOWEST STATION INTERFACE

You will notice that the 24 hour precip reported .11 for approx 9 hours the 20th, then it slowly ramped down. This means this station is reporting a rolling 24 hour precipitation value.

The team is currently creating some additional tests with this stations data, so that a correction can be applied, and ensure any future updates do not affect how these stations are processed.

The team will continue working on this today, but it may be tomorrow before a hotfix is finally applied to production.

I will continue to provide updates today and tomorrow as this is resolved.

1 Like

@Linn

Good news!

Franz,

The team has completed an improved handling of this type of station. The team ran a manual update for this specific station and will running an update against all stations with the latest precipitation code this afternoon. This will ensure that all current and past data is corrected.

Let me know if you continue to have issues with this station.

:cheers:

3 Likes