Discontinued flow meter

Where did you get your flow meter? I am unable to find one.

@sloppydogdrool Ewing Irrigation still sells them while supplies last. They special order them. Got mine in about a week, last week. https://www.ewingirrigation.com/flow-meter-rachio-3nd-gen-48170350.html

Count your blessings.

Does anyone know if there’s still anywhere to find these? I’m awaiting responses from Ewing and Trugreen right now.

Edit: Ewing has 2 left. https://store.ewingirrigation.com/48170350-wireless-flow-meter

Do you still have you flow meter and is it working?

Yes. But it died on me last year. I contacted Rachio and sent them a copy of my receipt and they sent me a replacement. They don’t sell them anymore but they still support them and I guess they still have some for warranty purposes…I really like it and it saved me several times by detecting high flow and shutting a zone down when a sprinkler head broke or popped off. It sent an alert to my phone.
My Rachio 3 controller also died on me. It was out of warranty but Rachio sold me a new one at a reduced price. I like their support.

Hi Fixer,

I asked because I bought one but never got around to installing it and wondering if it still make sense :thinking:

Rachio support is awesome!

Irie!
NIKKOLAI

Hi Iriel,
The fact that you went out and bought it means you must have thought it made sense at some point. I love mine. If I ever move I will take it with me. It works great. I like that it tells me how many gallons each zone uses and the monthly use for each zone. The best thing is that it shuts the zone off if there’s a leak or high flow from a broken head. I pay for water where I live. It paid for it self several times over by shutting down a zone. I maintain my lawn but I don’t check my sprinkler heads on a regular basis like I should. The flow meter lets me know when I have a problem.
Is yours the Rachio brand or the replacement one that came out after Rachio stop selling them?

Hi Fixer,

I know it worths and will install it when I’m back in country.

Mine is the original Rachio brand.

Thanks for your feedback!

Irie!
NIKKOLAI

Hi Filipe,

Thanks for the update and the instructions to get it installed when I’m back home in country.

I take note of future manufacturing updates.

Irie!
NIKKOLAI

Hi Filipe S.

I’m now back in country and recognised that because I have a pump on my sprinkler system I need 14ft of installation space between the pump and wireless flow meter as per Rachio installation guide which i don’t have.

What do you suggest I do?

Irie!
NIKKOLAI