Date and Time is clearly incorrect

I suspect my firewall currently blocks NTP and I don’t know how to safely enable it. Does this mean I simply cannot use the Rachio product? It’s currently watering my grass at 3 or 4 in the afternoon when it should be watering in the middle of the night (very annoying). Is there no way to view or set the time on the Rachio manually? I have a Rachio Gen 2 Smart Sprinkler Controller.

Are you setting your schedules to “end by sunrise” by chance?

That was one of the things I tried most recently to resolve the problem (with no luck). Before that I set a schedule to start watering at 9:30pm in the evening (which worked fine last season, but this season was causing my lawn to get watered at around 11am in the morning.

Silly question, but is there a chance that the location is correct under controller settings?

Just double checked again… it does show my correct city and state for location.

Do a quick run of a zone, wait for it to start, stop it a few seconds later. Does History show the correct times and time zone?

If so, set up a new simple fixed schedule e.g. one zone for one minute, to start a few minutes from now. Does it start when expected?

1 Like

It worked! So I need to delete my default schedule and just make a new fixed one I guess? I’m very confused, but glad it seems to be working now!