I wish that had fixed it David. I unplugged the power cable to the iro for a few minutes and then plugged it back in. Then I ignored it for an hour or so while I did other stuff around the house. So, if there was an update to run, it had plenty of time. I sat down this evening and pulled up the rachio app on the iPad and went in to see if the magical update that may or may not have happened had fixed this issue. It, sadly, had not.
Determined to fix this issue, I started tinkering around.
I tried creating a fixed schedule instead of a flex schedule for my two tree zones. I set it up to water every five days. Manual cycle/soak for 30/30 min. I made the schedule exactly like my pool pump zone that is cycle/soaking properly. It still wasn’t behaving. I then tried creating schedules with just a single zone. Still no good. I created a few more trying different things that even still didn’t work.
So, I had an idea. I’ll lie to the iro and change the settings of my two tree zones to “fixed spray head” instead of the drip emitters that are actually what are doing the watering. I then went into the advanced settings for those zones and adjusted the “nozzle inches per hour” to reflect something more like what would be the correct rate for my drippers. I went with .65”.
I then went and created a new schedule for these zones. First I tried a flex daily. But, when given the option of choosing what zones for the new schedule; neither of my two tree zones were options. Weird. So, I tried creating a flex monthly schedule instead. Breezed through the setup and set it to manually cycle/soak for 30/30. Viola! It’s working. I went and looked at upcoming watering in those zones and it shows them cycle/soaking like it’s supposed to be.
So, clearly there’s an issue with the cycle/soak feature and drip zones.