Controller Installed Incorrectly in Enclosure?

I am trying to reset my controller to get it to work with my new internet service but I believe my installer may have installed it in the enclosure incorrectly. I only see lights when I open my enclosure, not any buttons. I cannot find anything to help me get the cover off of the controller. can anyone help me with this? It’s a gen 2.

Gently pull out at the bottom, then lift the cover up and off. If space is too tight, use an adhesive to pull the bottom (duct tape, packing tape, etc.)

1 Like

Thank you! Just to clarify, you are saying to pull out at the bottom of the enclosure or the controller cover itself?

Pull at the bottom of the white controller cover.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I can’t get the cover all the way off but now I can access the buttons and have successfully gotten my wifi updated. Thank you for your tips! I’ve been fighting with this for three days and wouldn’t have been able to get it fixed without your comment.

2 Likes

@Tessa131 - I don’t think the covers (Gen2 or Gen3) are meant to be placed on the Rachio when it is installed in an outdoor enclosure - clearance - which is what you’re experiencing. Look at the picture that @Stewart posted and see that the cover should slide up to clear the top tab. I’d try to remove the cover, one may need a small flat screwdriver to pry enough clearance between the enclosure and the cover or to get the enclosure to move up.

2 Likes