Controller already in use

Trying to get our new controller set up & it says it’s already in use. It shows on our WiFi but the controller doesn’t show in the app

@FairwaysFollies - if you bought the controller from someone else then it is still on their account. Email Rachio support a picture of the serial number and they can move it for you.

Nope. Bought new. It’s showing as connected to our WiFi but it’s not showing in the app. Emailed support already.

@FairwaysFollies Which model Gen 2 or Gen 3 and what is the status of the lights?

@FairwaysFollies

Can you PM me a picture of the serial number? Ill have the engineering team take care of it for you.

:cheers:

Note that I have the same issue. New client, new controller (GEN 3) which is on the WIFI but not showing in the App. Whenever I try to add it manually in the app I get the “controller already in use” msg.

Note that I have sent a picture of my controller, codebar, serial and receipt of purchase to Rachio Support (via email). I don’t mind PM the info again.

An update here. Support (via email) sent me a new controller. I followed the same install steps and the new controller was successfully setup in a few minutes. No more problem.