Continuous Sensor Activated/Deactivated?

Spoke too soon. After 3 hours of stable rain sensor status, it is now back to continuously flipping from activated to deactivated.

Try a fresh set of batteries in the sensor and report back.

Also, maybe the temperature is cold and throwing out false positives?

There are no batteries. It’s hard wired and was replaced at the end of September.

Are you experiencing cold temperatures?

@jsimek I’m having the team research your controller.

:cheers:

1 Like

I just had a new irrigation system put in. All equipment brand new. Rained the first couple days after install, so it didn’t run. Today’s the first full sunny day and my Rachio app is constantly stating that Rain Sensor is activates/deactivated over and over. Easily over 100 notifications already. The sensor is new and it looks properly installed and clean. Connected to C and S1. Any thoughts before I deactivate this thing??

Did you purchase the R3? If so, you should consider just removing the rain sensor, honestly.

As for the multiple notifications, you don’t mention which sensor you have, but it may need wired to S1 (or S2) and 24v-

It’s a Hunter Mini-Click and yes sorry, Rachio Gen 3. It’s been constant all day.

Activated
Deactivated
Activated
Deactivated
Etc etc over and over

Wired?

I would take it back and put the money toward something else, just my opinion. The R3 uses local weather station data which is probably better than a sensor.

did you try S1 and 24v- ?

1 Like

@though is right, your sensor should be connected to S1 and 24V-

Cheers,
Gene

1 Like

Thanks I will try that. Should I power cycle it or power down when moving the wires?

Right now it’s red to S1 and black to C. I should move the black, correct?

It is always a good idea to power things down, just to be on the safe side. That being said, the likelihood of something going wrong while moving the wires with the unit ON are minimal.

You are correct, black wire needs to be moved from C terminal to 24v- terminal. Red wire can stay in place.

Cheers,
Gene

1 Like

I don’t think wire colors matter so much but ya, what @Gene said.

Let us know what happens.

1 Like

Thanks for all the help guys. Haven’t been receiving the notifications since I made the swap.

Just waiting for the city to install my second meter and I will really start saving some $$$

1 Like

I’m having this same issue and my Rachio3 and Rainbird WR2 were just installed yesterday… has there been a firmware update??

Sounds like a wiring or issue with the rain sensor. Here is an article that might help with troubleshooting.

:cheers:

1 Like

I just a had brand new Rachio 3 and Rainbird WR2 installed and I am getting the same exact notices you mentioned in this post… Rain sensor will activate as it should because it has started raining but then a few minutes later it will update showing rain sensor deactivated and then a few minutes later activated again and back and forth 2-3 times… did you ever resolve this on your system and if so what what was it?

it’s NOT the Rain Sensor because it’s brand new NOR is it wiring because it was just professionally installed correctly… too many threads all over the internet about this issue…

take a pic of the wiring and attach it.

1 Like

sounds to me like it was installed incorrectly. we’ll see when we see the photos.